Wednesday, June 27, 2012

When Hubby's Away, Wifey Will Craft!

So Hubby is gone for a few days and I am home with the kids.  Of course I have been diligently scrubbing shopping, cleaning craftingdoing laundry lounging around...hehe.  I did get our china cabinet organized finally and the pile of stuff on our table put away.  The kids and I also went over to my mom's soon-to-be house and did a little painting and cleaning. 

But...I have also been working on a fun project for the boy's room.  I saw some posts on Pinterest using these awesome crates from Michael's...


I seem to be mildly obsessed with wood and painting wood recently, so I decided these would be my first experiment.  I wanted a fun color to offset the cream walls and brown wood furniture in the boy's room.  So I got some spray paint and...


Then I distressed them a bit (need to practice this step a bit more :) and went over them with a glaze I tinted brown...



My plan was to put some books in them, but someone else had other plans...


I think I need to make him a few more to fit all his trucks!  :)  He loves them, I love them!

5 comments:

  1. I Love reading your blog Lauren! Thanks for keeping all the "out of towners" in the loop! We hope to make it out there someday! Glad to see you are hard at work while hubby is gone, kind of reminds me of the saying "while the cat is away, the mice will play" Ha! No, I don't think you are lounging around with 3 little kids! Love all the neat crafting projects you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to have you come for a visit anytime!

      Delete
  2. Ah HA! I just knew you had to have a plan for some crafty project while Jon was gone! =) Love the crates! I'm gonna need to practice the distressing paint step, too. So glad Jon's trip to Juarez is done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving seeing all your crafting work. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete