Saturday, November 17, 2012

One Man's Junk is Another Man's Treasure

I finally got up the nerve to try out my paint sprayer.  How exciting, right??  No!  What a joke.  The first time I tried it nothing happened for about five minutes and then I got splatter.  I had to use my roller and brush to clean it all up.  Oh, did I mention that I was doing this on the top portion of the china cabinet?  I was hoping for a quick paint job.  I decided maybe I didn't have enough paint the first time, so I filled up the container the second time and got...yep splatter.  Big fat drops of paint and little drops of paint everywhere.  What a mess!  I told my mom about it and she looked up the reviews and most sounded just like my complaints.  I cleaned it up and took it back hoping they would refund me even though I had used it.  When I explained what happened to the cashier she told me "your not the first to bring this back.  Lots of people have returned it with the same problem.  It is junk, but we can't tell you that when you buy it."  Lesson learned.  I'll stick to my brushes and rollers.

After the paint fiasco on the top of the china cabinet and learning that it would cost more to replace the shelves than I spent on the whole piece, I decided to junk the top and sell the bottom.  All the lady's I have talked to like the bottom alone better anyway.  Check out the bottom here.  So I posted my first free Craigslist ad for this...


"Free" is a magic word.  I had five people call to get it and it was gone in less than 24 hours.  It amazed me to hear how excited people were about this piece of junk.

Speaking of excited, after I posted my free ad I had to browse around Craigslist and I found this awesome antique dresser for super cheap.  Not free, but close.


Good thing I got rid of my junky piece so I'd have room for this beauty!  ;)  I'm pretty sure Hubby and kids looked at it and saw this...

Wood Pile
source
Me on the other hand...I saw this...

source
If it turns out like my vision, I may have to keep it...I really love the wheels on the feet.  (Don't tell Hubby)

2 comments:

  1. How gorgeous is that little aqua cabinet??? So pretty!! I could take it off your hands if you need. I'll roll it across to WI for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could claim the aqua one as mine!! Alas, it is not. It is my vision, inspiration for what my beat up brown one will hopefully look like! I'll keep you posted on how mine turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete